Friday, December 10, 2010

How To Make A Shotgun Cake

Kovalev wants to be left alone





OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators forward Alex Kovalev feels that it has been designated as the scapegoat of the recent troubles of the team of the national capital.

veteran who knows a tough season, was transferred to the fourth line in the 5-3 defeat suffered at the hands of the New York Rangers on Thursday. The Senators have tumbled in the standings in the East, with only one win in their last six games.

Friday, he was asked if the head coach, Cory Clouston, made him take the blame for the failures of the club.

"It looks like this," he said. I'm not the only one who did not play well. Then there is nothing I can do. He decided to make me the scapegoat. It happened to me throughout my career, so I'll accept it. "Before the game Friday night against the New Jersey Devils, Kovalev has amassed 14 points, including seven goals in 30 games. It has been the target of much criticism amateurs, who accuse him of not doing enough to deserve his salary of U.S. $ 5 million per season.

"I wish people leave me alone and let me play like I can do," he added without elaborating.

winger is not the only Senator to have trouble scoring. The Senators (12-16-2) scored only 24 goals in their last 15 games.

Kovalev tallied 1004 points (419-585) in 1258 NHL games with the Senators, the Montreal Canadiens, the New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins, and added 98 points, including 44 goals, in 116 games in series.

Source: Rds.ca

0 comments:

Post a Comment